Christina's Reviews > The Reason

The Reason by William Sirls

Sep 16, 12

bookshelves: christian, fiction, first-reads
Read in September, 2012

I won this book through GoodReads Giveaway Free Reads!

When reading this novel I kept thinking how amazing that one singular event that can seem tragic for a few people can gather so many peoples and affect their lives. A novel about an insightful stranger comes into a town in Michigan. He seems to ‘know’ people, able to reach them, and yes he performs a few miracles as well.
Like a stone thrown into a pond, it creates little circles and those little circles reach out further into the pond creating larger circles. This is what the combination of the event of the church’s cross being hit and burned and the stranger entering town did. It created a ripple effect of revelation, miracles, and faith that affected many lives and changed so many hearts.
Though this book was intriguing with all angles and facets of individuals’ lives and struggles of faith and belief, it could not keep my attention at times. I rarely stop a book to pick up another, but I found myself I had to do this. The storyline at times was so predictable and it echoed remnants of other similar stories I have read in the past such as “Joshua” by Joseph Girzone; which is another story about a mysteries stranger that enters a small town, who is also a carpenter by trade, and seems to know people, help them recapture their faith and perform miracles as well.
The positive aspects I loved about this book that faith was defined from different angles. It questioned the reader how they believe. For myself, I kept asking do I picture God as someone if I pray to Him hard enough he will grant my every wish? Do we believe in a God that performs miracles? Do we trust in a God that no matter what the answer he gives us is the right one? Faith is so simple we can complicate it at times. To me the words of wisdom echoes through this book “Only Believe”. Believe Christina that God is looking out for the Best for You and no matter what He will never abandon you it is all for a Greater Good!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Reason.