David Williams's Reviews > Don't Be Cruel

Don't Be Cruel by Mike Argento

Jul 14, 12

Read in January, 2012

My old friend Mike has written a novel. You should buy a copy. Or steal a copy, I think would be more in the spirit of the thing. Stealing it might cost Mike a bit of money but I think he'd appreciate the gesture, somehow. As the back cover says it, "A law-student stripper, two inept hit men, the First Church of Elvis, Scientist and a small-time mobster's biggest scam. Things are about to get all shook up." It's a book only my friend Mike could write. Hell, it's a book only my friend Mike would write. The man's shameless. I mean this as a compliment. After you buy it, or steal it, whatever, sit down with a cold one and read the thing. Give thanks that it's fiction, and then let yourself be reminded -- in this mad world that has us so stressed the hell out that we've damned near forgotten how to relax -- of the wonders of losing yourself to a good corker of a story. This is a good corker of a story. Shit blows up. There is much cursing and gun play. But it's got heart, still and all. Damn, Mike. Nicely done.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Don't Be Cruel.