Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)'s Reviews > Kiss of the Highlander

Kiss of the Highlander by Karen Marie Moning

This was a delightful book. Heartwarming and hilarious in turns, it kept my interest. I really enjoy the fact that KMM's heroines tend to be very intelligent and capable. It's nice to see that in romances. I don't see why a heroine can't be smarter than the hero or more accomplished. I'm glad that KMM doesn't adhere to that formula in her novels. Her heroines tend to be on the physically perfect side, but they are so nice, it doesn't annoy me. Drustan was delicious and he was a nice guy too. He was yearning for a woman to love and accept him. Aww! The scene where Gwen says she loves him just melted my heart because it meant so much to Drustan. I love elements of Scotland and the historical aspects. The druid lore is interesting, and the physics aspect, mind-boggling.

This book is steamy and sexy, but the love relationship is always at the forefront. I really loved the tender moments between Drustan and Gwen, and also between his father Silvan and his housekeeper, Nell.

I have never been much of a time travel fan, but I really do like what KMM does with the genre. I like that she has plausible science and mixes the Druid lore with physics and mathematics so that you read this book and can definitely believe that Druid magic is just science in a different framework of understanding.

The part that annoyed me was the priest's mother, Besseta. She was totally clueless about faith and fate. If only she had listened to her son and trusted that God would take care of him. But if she had done that, would Gwen and Drustan ever have met? Too much to ponder.

At any rate, I'm glad I got to read this novel, for the hours of entertainment it gave me. It also gave me some things to think about, such as meddling with fate and how the search for knowledge should never overstep the boundaries of ethics.
18 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss of the Highlander.

04/09 page 88
22.22% "KMM is such an engaging writer who really can make you crack up. Hot heroes too."
04/14 marked as: read

Comments (showing 1-4)

dateUp arrow    newest »

MelissaB I love Gwen and Drustan! I hope you like this one too. It is very funny at parts and sexy too.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) I haven't gotten very far. I started it on my lunch break, but I did get sucked in. Thanks. :)

Tatu its a very very good bk!! i love gwen and drustan together... their just the ideal romance book couple for me....
loved the way it was written...