Aimen *Vampire Bookworm*'s Reviews > The Indigo Spell

Feb 18, 13

bookshelves: vampires, swoon-worthy-guys
Read from February 16 to 18, 2013

Review to come.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Indigo Spell.

Quotes Aimen Liked

Richelle Mead
“We need to get inside. I think my hair gel’s frozen.”

Richelle Mead
“Adrian's face was the picture of perfect politeness and restraint, meaning something disastrous was about to happen.”

Richelle Mead
“Under normal circumstances, you inviting me to the bedroom would be the highlight of my day.”

Richelle Mead
“It’s Kahlua, Sage. Packed with sugar and coffee flavor.”

Richelle Mead
“Who knows more about male weakness: you or me? Use my knowledge, Sage.”

Richelle Mead
“Do you want me to call you Celery Stick instead of Cupcake or Honey-Pie? It just doesn’t inspire the same warm and fuzzy feelings.”

Richelle Mead
“This wasn’t the first time I’d been pulled out of bed for a crucial mission. It was, however, the first time I’d been subjected to such a personal line of questioning.

“Are you a virgin?”

Richelle Mead
“Adrian looked over at me again. “Who knows more about male weakness: you or me?”

“Go on.” I refused to directly answer the question.

“Get a new dress. One that shows a lot of skin. Short. Strapless. Maybe a push-up bra too.” He actually had the audacity to do a quick assessment of my chest. “Eh, maybe not. But definitely some high heels.”

“Adrian,” I exclaimed. “You’ve seen how Alchemists dress. Do you think I can really wear something like?”

He was unconcerned. “You’ll make it work. You’ll change clothes or something. But I’m telling you, if you want to get a guy to do something that might be difficult, then the best way is to distract him so that he can’t devote his full brainpower to the consequences.”

“You don’t have a lot of faith in your own gender.”

“Hey, I’m telling you the truth. I’ve been distracted by sexy dresses a lot.”

I didn’t really know if that was a valid argument, seeing as Adrian was distracted by a lot of things. Fondue. T-shirts. Kittens. “And so, what then? I show some skin, and the world is mine?”

“That’ll help.” Amazingly, I could tell he was dead serious. “And you’ve gotta act confident the whole time, like it’s already a done deal. Then make sure when you’re actually asking for what you want that you tell him you’d be ‘so, so grateful.’ But don’t elaborate. His imagination will do half the work for you. ”

I shook my head, glad we’d almost reached our destination. I didn’t know how much more I could listen to. “This is the most ridiculous advice I’ve ever heard. It’s also kind of sexist too, but I can’t decide who it offends more, men or women.”

“Look, Sage. I don’t know much about chemistry or computer hacking or photosynthery, but this is something I’ve got a lot of experience with.” I think he meant photosynthesis, but I didn’t correct him. “Use my knowledge. Don’t let it go to waste.”

Richelle Mead
“You're not as much of a lost cause as she was. I mean, with her, I had to overcome her deep, epic love with a Russian warlord. You and I just have to overcome hundreds of years' worth of deeply ingrained prejudice and taboo between our two races. Easy.”

Richelle Mead
“I'll just love you whether you want me to or not.”

Richelle Mead
“Because I can't help doing it," he said with a shrug. "And hey, if I keep loving you, maybe you'll eventually crack and love me too. Hell, I'm pretty sure you're already half in love with me."

"I am not! And everything you just said is ridiculous. That's terrible logic."

Adrian returned to his crossword puzzle. "Well, you can think what you want, so long as you remember-no matter how ordinary things seem between us-I'm still here, still in love with you, and care about you more than any other guy, evil or otherwise, ever will."

"I don't think you're evil."

"See? Things are already looking promising.”

“Piece of Heaven?"

"No, that other place I'm going to go to for thinking what I'm thinking.”

Richelle Mead
“I’m not dangerous,” I breathed.

He brought his face toward mine. “You are to me.”

And somehow, against all reason, we were kissing.”

Richelle Mead
“But each time you use spirit, you're more likely to go crazy.”
“Already crazy about you, Sage.”

Richelle Mead
“All the while, my mind reeled with what had happened.
I have a hickey. I let Adrian Ivashkov give me a hickey.

Richelle Mead
“The tension between us kicked up a notch, and I realized that along with our bodies being nearer, so were our lips.”

Richelle Mead
“What am I supposed to do with a wool coat? Especially here in Palm Springs?”

“Sleep with it,” he suggested. “Think of me.”

Richelle Mead
“Adrian Ivashkov wasn’t easy to surprise, but I surprised him then when I brought his mouth toward mine. I kissed him, and for a moment, he was too stunned to respond. That lasted for, oh, about a second. Then the intensity I’d come to know so well in him returned. He pushed me backward, lifting me so that I sat at the table. The tablecloth bunched up, knocking over some of the glasses. I heard what sounded like a china plate crash against the floor.

Whatever logic and reason I normally possessed had melted away. There was nothing but flesh and fire left, and I wasn’t going to lie to myself—at least not tonight.”

Richelle Mead
“Oh... Adrian, I've got one more favor to ask you. A big one."

"Fondue?" he asked hopefully.”

Richelle Mead
“Wow,” said Adrian. He sat down on the bed and tested its bounciness, giving it a nod of approval. “This is amazing. What do you think, buttercup?”

“I have no words,” I said honestly.

He patted the spot beside him. “Want to try it out?”

Richelle Mead
“Because I’ve got a lot more terms of endearment to use. Honey pie. Sugarplum. Bread pudding."

“Why are they all high-calorie foods?”

Richelle Mead
Everything about her has to do with me.”

Richelle Mead
“I wanted him. I arched my back, fully aware of how vulnerable that made me and that I was giving him an invitation. He accepted it and laid me back against the table, bringing his body down on top of mine. That crushing kiss of his moved from my mouth to the nape of my neck. He pushed down the edge of my dress and the bra strap underneath, exposing my shoulder and giving his lips more skin to conquer.”

Richelle Mead
“I’m not a warrior or a goddess,” I said at last.

Adrian leaned closer. “As far as I’m concerned, you’re both.”

Richelle Mead
“You know," he said, "under normal circumstances, you inviting me to the bedroom would be the highlight of my day."

I crossed my arms and sat on the bed. I did so out of simple fatigue, but a moment later, I was struck by what I was doing. This is where Adrian sleeps. I'm touching the covers he's wrapped in every night. What does he wear? Does he wear anything?

I jumped up.”

Richelle Mead
“Sometimes it's worth lingering on the journey for a while before getting to the destination.”

Richelle Mead
“But when I touch you, your aura … it smolders. The colors deepen, it burns more intensely, the purple increases. Why? Why, Sydney?” He used that hand to pull me closer. “Why do you react that way if I don’t mean anything to you?” There was a desperation in his voice, and it was legitimate.”

Richelle Mead
“I sent a quick text to Adrian: I have a hickey! You can’t ever kiss me again. I honestly hadn’t expected him to be awake this early, so I was surprised to get a response: Okay. I won’t kiss you on your neck again.

So typical of him. No! You can’t ever kiss me ANYWHERE. You said you were going to keep your distance.

I’m trying, he wrote back. But you won’t keep your distance from me.

I didn’t dignify that with a response.”

Richelle Mead
“And besides . . . I don’t want to leave you. Er, you guys.”

He smiled, and it lit up his whole face. “Well, ‘we’ are certainly happy to hear that. Oh, and I’m also happy to watch our darling little love child dragon while you’re in St. Louis.”

I grinned back.”

Richelle Mead
“Adrian smiled and clasped my hands, taking a few steps toward me. "And as for who you are, you’re the same beautiful, brave, and ridiculously smart caffeinated fighter you’ve been since the day I met you.” Finally, he put “beautiful” at the top of his list of adjectives. Not that I should have cared.

“Sweet talker,” I scoffed. “You didn’t know anything about me the first time we met.”

“I knew you were beautiful,” he said. “I just hoped for the rest.”

Richelle Mead
“Adrian shook his head, still smiling. "I've said over and over, I'd do anything for you. I just keep hoping it'll be something like, 'Adrian, let's go hot tubbing' or 'Adrian, take me out for fondue.'"
"Well, sometimes we have to--did you say fondue?" Sometimes it was impossible to follow Adrian's train of thought. "Why in the world would I ever say that?"
He shrugged. "I like fondue.”

Richelle Mead
“In this one terrified moment, my mind couldn’t focus on any of it. “I’ve forgotten everything.”

“No, you haven’t.” His voice in the darkness was calm and reassuring. He smoothed back my hair and pressed one of those half kisses to my forehead. “Just relax and focus."

“His reasonable words centered me and allowed the gears of logic that ran my life to take over again.”

Richelle Mead
“I know I’m not supposed to say this,” he said. “But I think I love you more than ever.”

I took his hand and tried not to think about how happy his words made me.”

Richelle Mead
“It doesn’t matter,” said Adrian, smiling. He rested a hand on my shoulder. “Some things are worth the trouble.”

Richelle Mead
“Adrian tipped my face up toward his and kissed me. Like always, the world around me stopped moving. No, the world became Adrian, only Adrian. Kissing him was as mind-blowing as ever, full of that same passion and need I had never believed I’d feel. But today, there was even more to it. I no longer had any doubt about whether this was wrong or right. It was a culmination of a long journey . . . or maybe the beginning of one.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer. I didn’t care that we were out in public. I didn’t care that he was Moroi. All that mattered was that he was Adrian, my Adrian. My match. My partner in crime, in the long battle I’d just signed on for to right the wrongs in the Alchemist and Moroi worlds. Maybe Marcus was right that I’d also signed myself up for disaster, but I didn’t care. In that moment, it seemed that as long as Adrian and I were together, there was no challenge too great for us.

I don’t know how long we stood there kissing. Like I said, the world around me was gone. Time had stopped. I was awash in the feel of Adrian’s body against mine, in his scent, and in the taste of his lips. That was all that mattered right now.”

Richelle Mead
“Sage.” He laughed. “I’m into anything, so long as you’re with me.”

Richelle Mead
“He was too perfect, despite being one of the most imperfect people I knew.”

Richelle Mead
“One day she's throwing a book at me. The next, we're making out behind the library.”

Richelle Mead
“I love you, and beneath all that logic, calculation, and superstition, I know you love me too.”

“A flame in the dark”

“Adrian frowned.
'Is that a noose?'
'It's a tie!' I cried, trying not to feel offended. He laughed, clearly delighted at this.
'My mistake.”

Richelle Mead
“His eyes were on his heart, completely caught up in his work. 'Just something kicking around in my head. Reminds me of you. Fiery and sweet, all at the same time. A flame in the dark, lighting my way.' His voice... his words... I recognized one of his spirit-driven moments. It should've unnerved me, but there was something sensual about the way he spoke, something that made my breath catch. A flame in the dark.

Richelle Mead
“He shook his head in mock sympathy. "I tell you, Sage. Sometimes I think I am the one who needs to take out the restraining order on you.”

Richelle Mead
“The bond was so strange at times. Jill was jealous on Adrian's behalf.”

Richelle Mead
“Look at it this way," Ms. Terwilliger said, after several moments of thought. "The callistana thinks of you two as its parents.”

Richelle Mead
“I’m still here, still in love with you, and care about you more than any other guy ever will." -Adrian-”

Richelle Mead
“A piece of heaven?" I managed to ask.
He slowly shook his head. "No. The other place. The one I'm going to burn in for thinking what I'm thinking.”

Richelle Mead
“Whatever happened to the dragon?"

I mustered my primmest tone. "He has a name, you know."

Adrian pulled back and gave me a curious look. "I didn't know, actually. What'd you decide on?"

"Hopper." When Adrian laughed, I added, "Best rabbit ever. He'd be proud to know his name is being passed on."
"Yes, I'm sure he would. Did you name the Mustang too?"
"I think you mean the Ivashkinator."

He stared at me in wonder. "I told you I loved you, right?
"Yes," I assured him. "Many times.”

Richelle Mead
“Adrian suddenly glanced up at me. Our gazes locked, and I felt like he could read my mind. How often did he think about that kiss? And if he really was crazy about me, did he imagine more than just kissing? Did he fantasize about me? What kinds of things did he think about? His lips on my neck? His hand on my leg? And was that leg bare . . . ?”

Richelle Mead
“I gave him a smile that I hoped was as dazzling as one of his. "I realized I'm in love."
Marcus, startled, looked around as though he expected to see my object d'amour in the car with us. "And you just realized this? Did you just have some sort of vision?"
"Didn't need to," I said, thinking of Wolfe's ill-fated trip to the Orkneys. "It's always been right in front of me.”

02/16/2013 page 114
28.0% "Alicia walked us out, her eyes widening when she saw the Mustang. “Wow, nice car.”
“It’s an amazing car,” I said.
“That’s our baby—well, until we have real ones.

Oh my god, Adrian! This is why I love you! xD" 4 comments
02/16/2013 page 227
56.0% "Oh yes! Sydney all easy going in a spirit dream. Talk about progress ;)

“You can check on me tomorrow night, though.”
Adrian’s face lit up as though I’d just accepted a date. “It’s a deal, then.”
And like that, the reception hall dissolved around me. I returned to peaceful sleep and just barely heard him say, “Sweet dreams, Sage.”"
02/17/2013 page 236
58.0% "A lot of heat coming off Sydrian! *squueeee*!"
02/17/2013 page 243
60.0% "I walked toward the door, and Adrian hurried after me. I couldn’t bear to face the agony in his eyes, and it took all my resolve not to avert my gaze. “Sydney, don’t do this. You know it’s wrong. Deep inside, you know it is.”

Oh no! It's TGL all over again! Must.Take.Deep.Breaths.

"
02/18/2013 page 364
84.0% "I'm at this part!

YOU GUISE O_O"
02/18/2013 page 432
100.0% "I'm sorry. Sydney and Adrian FINALLY get their happy ending and now...Zoe is Sydney's roommate?

img src="http://yotesgurl.files.wordpress.com/...;"
02/18/2013 page 432

"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Tahura I imagined Marcus a little different! but ya, i cannot wait!! :D :D

Rasha Khan It's true. In the Golden Lily, he is described as a blonde but then again, he's a wanted Alchemist, so he probably is disguised like that. And, doesn't he resemble alot like Anderson Cooper?!