Victoria's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling

You know there are some books that are rare, meaningful, and amazing more than any treasure you ever glimpse or possess in the palm of your hand? It's one of those very rare occasions that you can actually find it. Those kinds of books are like gold, diamond, or any valuable treasures--that is hard to find in the ground because it's so valuable. Well, Harry Potter books are certainly one of those kinds of book that are rare-meaningful books and will always hold a special place in my collection.

I haven’t read this in my earlier childhood years and I wish to now because these books are simply amazing in every way. I guess the reason I waited so long to read it because of the hype and how juvenile and how ridiculous the book might be, but it was much more than that. I don’t like reading over-hyped books because some of them tend to be disappointing to me. Everyone was saying how good it was and I, being crazy, ignored the hype and didn’t read it. I don’t know what made me pick up this book. Perhaps, morbid curiosity? I guess so. After reading the first book, I have awakened my love for this spectacular series. I didn’t expect myself to love it like so many others have. But now after reading this, I…just love it! I love the world-building, characters, and mystery and clues that the characters try to uncover! Now I can finally see why so many readers love this series. The humor, plot, and the characters were developed well in this book. I find myself lost in this book, madly flipping the pages to know more and more of this imaginative world, mystery, and the characters. I was just hooked!

I grow to love Hermione, Ron, and Harry. They’re such endearing, brave, and very smart characters. I mean who would not love them? All of them are very different from each other, but found a way to connect to one another. I love their friendship and adventures they faced together. They know what it’s right and will always have their backs for each other.

I also grow to love the mystery in this one. There were surprises twists and turns that I would have never anticipated, but there it was!

Harry Potter books are unlike any other books I’ve read before. Every book from the series I’ve read always has something unique and different from other books I’ve read. It has so much to offer--wizards, witches, magic, and humor. Who can't love this? I can easily say this is my favorite series. Anyone can fall in love with this series whether they’re old or young. It’s an amazing experience to read this series and if any you haven’t already, I strongly encourage reading it. I promise you, you will not regret it. Harry Potter books are definitely one of those rare books, but will always and I say always will make a lasting impression.

Now, I’m on to reading Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and continue until the end.

_______________________________________

If you want to read my reviews of 2nd-7th books of Harry Potter, just click the link below.
-Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets's review
-Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban's review
-Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire's review
-Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix's review
-Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince's review
-Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows's review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

Quotes Victoria Liked

J.K. Rowling
“It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.”

J.K. Rowling
“It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.”

J.K. Rowling
“There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them.”

J.K. Rowling
“The truth." Dumbledore sighed. "It is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.”

07/28/2012 page 1
0.0% "I'm so ready for this ride! :)"
07/28/2012 page 66
21.0% "Love, love, love it!" 1 comment
08/09/2012 page 300
97.0% "Just going back and re-reading my favorite scenes. :)" 1 comment
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Inge Great review, Victoria! Your words just hit the spot. Harry Potter is magical. <3

Victoria Thank you, Inge!