Rebecca's Reviews > Raised by Wolves

Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

F_50x66
Jul 13, 12

Kindle can be hit or miss, but this was a surprisingly good read! I know there is a werewolf over-saturation in YA books right now, and I'm okay with everyone having their own take on how it all works. Well, as long as they explain it. This one was well done. I know someone complained that it showed abuse. I disagree. She knew werewolf laws and she broke them. She knew the consequences. It was not abuse, it was punishment that was retribution for the offense. It was choice and consequence. And her consequence was pretty light, considering. So no, I don't have a problem with that and I did not see it as abuse.

I love a strong character, and she was. She was a bit beyond rebellious for me, but I still liked her. I love that there wasn't a love triangle here. I agree that there wasn't much between her and the boy to make it love, but I don't think it was suppose to be. It was a compulsion to see him because they had both been touched by the same thing, and then it became something else accidentally. Even if it is suppose to be unrequited love based on nothing, I'll give that a pass and see how it pans out in the next book.

I understand the need to be free to make your own choices, and I get the Momma Bear thing and the need to protect what is ours, so I really enjoyed the ending. It was clean- no sex, no bad words. And it had a happy ending. i like a happy ending. I'll be looking for the next 2 at the library.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Raised by Wolves.