Christopher Richard Cook's Reviews > The Walking Dead, Book One

The Walking Dead, Book One by Robert Kirkman

Jul 13, 12

Read on July 13, 2012

Book 1 of THE WALKING DEAD comics was a very enjoyable read for me, and the contributors definitely put a lot of time and effort into its creation; that much is plainly evident. At first, I wondered how I was ever going to get through a graphic novel with no color (since it's all in black and white), but that ended up not being a problem at all. It was so easy for me to immerse myself into the story, and as a fan of the TV series, it was so much fun reading the stories that were familiar and also the stories that are drastically different. Technically, this volume covers the first two seasons of the TV series, with, as I said, some different avenues and with some different characters. Characters of the TV series such as T-Dog, Merle, Daryl, and Jacqui are not featured in the comics, and characters of the comics such as Allen and Donna are not featured on the TV series, and some characters, such as Carol, are drastically different. Like the TV series, this is very compelling storytelling, and I don't know if I've ever had so much fun reading a comic; I can't wait to read Book 2, but I might wait until more of the series has aired. I say that because if I had read this far before beginning the series, many of the twists and turns of the first two seasons would not have been surprising, and I don't want to spoil anything, something that, based on how this book ends, I know that I'd risk doing. I'm just really happy that I have begun reading the comics; they're a great deal of fun.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Walking Dead, Book One.