Joy (Cheery♡Reads)'s Reviews > A Breach of Promise

A Breach of Promise by Victoria Vane

Jul 13, 2012

bookshelves: i-own, historical-romance-highlanders, victoria-vane
Read in July, 2012 — I own a copy

This was a truly sweet, tantalizing, romantic, hilarious and sexy read. It left me wanting for more and dissatisfied for good reasons.

I totally loved Lydia's strength of character. She was an intelligent and delightful heroine.

While Marcus was a full of himself pompous prat and rake, you just couldn't help loving him. He was a good rake.

I also enjoyed reading about Nicholas and Mariah. Their dishevelled appearances towards the end hinted at something much more. It would be lovely if Miss Vane decided to pen a story about them.

And also not forgetting Marcus's mother. She was adorable, smart and persistant in her subtle and sly attempts to reengage Lydia and Marcus.

This novella is so well written. I am astouded and amazed at Miss Vane's ability to fully flesh out the characters in less than a hundred pages. How I wish it was longer.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Breach of Promise.

Quotes Joy (Cheery♡Reads) Liked

Victoria Vane
“What a woman wants above all things, Nick, is to believe herself the most important consideration in the world, the center of a man's universe.”
Victoria Vane, A Breach of Promise

Victoria Vane
“A magnificent cad, you mean. He's positively gaping at your bosom, Lyddie!" Mariah said in a scandalized whisper. "I swear he's undressing you with his eyes!"
Lydia's lip twitched. "How lurid you sound. I really must censure your reading material."
"There can be no doubt you have his attention now," Mariah giggled.”
Victoria Vane, A Breach of Promise