Jerry's Reviews > Delusion in Death

Delusion in Death by J.D. Robb

Oct 18, 12

Read from October 11 to 17, 2012

JD continues to amaze with the quality of this lengthy series, “Delusion” indeed being the 35th entry! A great plot hook gets the story into immediate high gear, as in a horrific scene in a restaurant, 80+ patrons go berserk and basically kill each other. Next day we get a repeat in a similar café, although the police are able to stun more patrons and save a few lives. Naturally our leading lady Lt. Eve Dallas, with hubby Roarke and the whole familiar police crew, are wildly busy; but the way in which the clues to who is doing what are reeled out keeps us in terrific suspense till near then end when a solution seems imminent. That a few chapters remain when things look wrapped up only adds to the delight as a late plot twist adds more fuel to a suspenseful fire.

While she was at it, the author seems to wrap up most of Eve’s psychological problems from her Dallas (Texas) episode of a couple of books back, which was both satisfying and welcome, as we were getting a little tired of that mess. So we can best sum up by claiming Robb’s latest to be one of the finest in this prolific set!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Delusion in Death.

message 1: by Adetia (new)

Adetia Didn't know you read the in death series. These are written by my favorite author under a pen name. Love them.

Jerry yes, have read every single one, including the "double book" where the first half was written by Nora and the second half by "Robb"! there are even I think it's three novellas in the series I have read as well. really like the whole set, with "Purity" being my 7th favorite book of all time !!