Kirsti's Reviews > Before I Wake

Before I Wake by Rachel Vincent

F 50x66
Jul 13, 2012

Read in July, 2012

Before I Wake is another great addition to the Soul Screamers series by Rachel Vincent. Both the romance and the danger made my heart beat faster, but for different reasons obviously.

Warning: Semi-spoilery if you haven't read Before I Wake or If I Die.

I love Kaylee and Tod's relationship. I've been a fan of Tod since the beginning, even before he showed any feelings for Kaylee. I love his sarcasm and sense of humor and I think they are a great fit together.

I wasn't a huge fan of Nash and Sabine's relationship only because I don't like the way he's treating her. Sabine has definitely grown on me (especially now that Kaylee and Tod are so happy together), and I think she deserves to be treated better by Nash.

The only other item that I question (although question isn't really the right word) is the very end and what happened with someone close to Kaylee. I don't want to give too much away, but I can only hope that Kaylee will use her anger in the next book to finally put an end to that horrible hellion.

All in all this was a great edition to the series and I can't wait for the final book to come out next year, although I will be sad to see the series end. I highly recommend this series to everyone!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Before I Wake.