Fakhrina's Reviews > A Midsummer's Nightmare

A Midsummer's Nightmare by Kody Keplinger

Jul 13, 12

Read in July, 2012

A typical forbidden love story between heroine and her future step-brother, really. While I don't have any expectation for this book and just want to enjoy the ride, can't help to be a bit critical about the MC. As a character, it's easy for the reader to sympathize with Whitley who despite her broken family and the fall-out with her mother, she turns out quite okay as a girl ready to leave her teenage life behind and venture forward as a young women starting out at a college. At least, that was what I used to think of her early on the story when then Whitley adopted this me-against-world attitude that is really grating. If I were to bought this change of attitude as an act of rebellious teenager, I can accept it, but I for once feel that the author failed to deliver her justification properly for it to be acceptable.

Moreover, Whitley confrontation with her father at the end of the story felt really anti-climatic and insufficient. The solution and interaction was done too quickly to be meaningful. All in all, a quick, but not entertaining enough for summer read.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Midsummer's Nightmare.