Sadie's Reviews > The Great Escape

The Great Escape by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

Jul 13, 2012

did not like it
bookshelves: z-romance-2012, romance-all

Wow. You know when you read a book from one of your favorite authors of all times and wonder if it's a test... that she didn't really write this book and you're supposed to call foul?

Also, instead of reading this book, just go rent Chasing Liberty. Same premise, much cuter.

The secondary story felt incomplete, the characters never really connected, the transformations were stilted, the Ah-ha Moments were more like, Yeah? And?

I ADORE Ms. Phillips. I think the woman's whole house and yard belong on a pedestal, but this book was a loss for me. The only other one of her books I rank this lowly is Hot Shot for the sneaky emotional blackmail ending.

I will say this, unlike the last book in this series, it didn't turn beloved heroines in to bitchy, bullies. I guess that's good.

Go reread Match Me If You Can instead.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Great Escape.

03/07/2016 marked as: read

Beanse I completely agree. I was so disappointed. I feel like I was ripped off. The characters were weak, their names ridiculous, and the entire plot was just flat! The prelude to this book was so well done, following Ted and Meg on their journey, that I was expecting more from SEP. This is the first book of hers I seriously regret reading. Sad.

Stephanie It felt off to me too. :(

Anna Turnitsa Felt like putting it back on the shelf after first couple of chapters.

Jacque rent Chasing Liberty … read Match Me If You Can instead.
Thanks for the book and film recs. I'll give them a try