Jason's Reviews > Tumbleweeds

Tumbleweeds by Leila Meacham

Jul 13, 12

Read in July, 2012

The intrepid Kensey trio throught their lives, loves and saddness. Ms Meacham takes us on a journey through a third person view of three orphans (two orphans and an abandoned child) in the Panhandle. I liked it, sure it is a soap opera and probably would be great fare for the Lifetime or CW networks, but it was a guilty pleasure to excape into a summer novel.
I have never read Leila Meacham's first novel "Roses" and I probably will not. One confectionary tale is enough for me and I will admit that there is not much weight to the novel. There is no existential realizations, no cosmic meaning. It is a tale about Cathy, Trey and John as they make their way through their lives. I liked the absurdness of it all, because, mostly, that is what life is. I could not help but think of the words of John Lennon as I read this book "Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans". For the trio their plans never pan out, which makes for good drama.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tumbleweeds.

Skyqueen "There is no existential realizations, no cosmic meaning." HaHa Jason, in the book, I would agree. However, this was my cosmic realization: ;)
But as I always say, why can't people just tell the truth and not keep secrets?? Seems a LOT of heartache could be avoided.
You see it in the news every day if not in your own family & friends. ;)