Laura's Reviews > Night School Vampire Hunter (Angel)

Night School Vampire Hunter (Angel) by Michelle Cornwell-Jordan

Jul 13, 12

bookshelves: recieved-to-review
Read in July, 2012

When I heard about this book I thought it sounded great and I really wanted to read it. Unfortunately it didn’t live up to my expectations. One of my problems with this book is the length, only a few authors manage to succeed with making a short book seem like a full book in its own right and not just an introduction and Michelle didn’t. This book would probably be better merged with some of the other books in the series so it is just the first couple of chapters in a longer book.

Despite it being very short, that wasn’t actually my main issue with this book. It is written as each chapter being a blog post by the main character and I found it really hard to follow. All books I have read that are written in that style I don’t enjoy so it is just a personal dislike on my part. If you don’t mind that style of writing it isn’t actually a bad book. The plot is decent, it wasn’t amazing enough for me to not care about the writing style, but I did read the book all the way through as I wanted to know how it ended.

Overall I didn’t enjoy this book but I don’t think it’s awful. I just didn’t like the writing style but I do think some people would enjoy this book.

*This book was provided to me by the publisher for review. In no way has this affected my review*
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night School Vampire Hunter (Angel).

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jedaia Rose Doñoz I agree.

Sarah Jane I believe it's short because it's a novella - a prequel.