Navdha's Reviews > Sam Cruz's Infallible Guide to Getting Girls

Sam Cruz's Infallible Guide to Getting Girls by Tellulah Darling

There are times when you just want to put all the novels with paranormal romance and mythical creatures and serious issues on a back-burner and want to read a real nice, short, funny book that leaves you with a stupid grin plastered on your face. Well, I needed a book like that. And this book just gave me what I wanted.

I hadn't expected this book to be so awesome. The plot wasn't new but I wanted a book with a good sense of humor and I knew this book would fill the bill; but it was even better than I thought it would be. From the beginning of the first chapter, till the end, I had a goofy smile on my face. Tellulah Darling does know how to show chemistry.

The book switched between Sam and Ally's POV. Sam is definitely not my kind of guy, he was a player, a flirt and well, basically a dog as he so casually liked to call himself, but besides all that he really was a great guy. Both Sam and Ally and Ally's cousin Rachel and her boyfriend Ian, and almost every other character in this book was lovable and felt real. Ally was smart, funny, geeky and totally adorable. I loved their bickering. I loved how the book paced. I loved everything!

The only thing that seemed to be a little off was that both of them were 17 years, right? Their sexual achievements and endeavors would have seemed more real if they were a little older. But, I don't really mind. Also, the whole Ally turning into Dr. Fuckenstien only cause of being dumped seemed to be a really crazy idea but the way it was worked out in the book and how Ally regained her confidence and realized what she actually wanted to be, was well done.

There scene where (view spoiler) was simply fab! I was snorting and giggling and laughing reading the entire book.

My favorite quote:

I concede it with a grudging nod. “You’re bossy, complicated, passionate, and I think you’re the most amazing girl alive.”
Having just gushed like chicks in a tampon commercial, I feel I need to get this speech back on a more manly track. “So deal with it.”
There. Balls back

Sam’s a dog, and like all good pet owners dealing with that embarrassing leg-humping issue, I just spray him down from time to time and love him anyway.

I received an ARC for this book from Netgalley

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sam Cruz's Infallible Guide to Getting Girls.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Katy LOL, I really liked this one too. It was too funny.

Navdha There are very few books that can stay funny all throughout and this was one of those awesome ones. :D

Katy I couldn't agree more.