David's Reviews > To Wander The Labyrinth

To Wander The Labyrinth by Brian  Peters

Oct 07, 12

bookshelves: giveaways-first-read, thriller
Read from October 03 to 07, 2012

**I received this book for free through Good Reads First Reads. Thank you to the author for signing it.**

A short novel which makes it a very quick read. While this gives the book the pace it needs for a genre like it I feel the story suffers greatly for it. Everything seems very vague, I understand this could be to portray a feeling of being lost as the main character is always trying to stop himself falling but there just isn't enough meat there to make this a great story. Also the ending was sudden, was getting to the last few pages and thinking 'surely this can't be it' but it was which left a lot of things unanswered. Again this could have be intentionally but for me it just didn't work.

However the concept was good, the lead character being different from the usual 'hero' figure and the ending, although sudden and lacking in answers, was the type of ending this book should have. I will keep track of the author as I am sure he will come up with a story I will very much enjoy.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Wander The Labyrinth.

10/03/2012 page 49