Holly's Reviews > Dangerous Games

Dangerous Games by Lora Leigh

Jan 02, 09

bookshelves: lora-leigh

I haven't read the first story in this series, the short story Reno's Chance in the anthology, Honk If You Love Real Men so I felt a little lost when guys started popping up left and right. I just felt like I was inundated with too much information too fast. The plot also looked more intricate than it really was and when it finally unfolded, I felt let down. The bad guy and girl were just too pathetically stupid after all that buildup.

Clint McIntyre was the type of guy who was way more complicated than he needed to be. He had too much baggage for someone like me to want to hitch a ride on and his momma issues were particularly unsavory in light of his sexual preferences. It made me question whether he even liked women and made me wonder if he secretly substituted his mother whenever he was "disciplining" a submissive. Nasty. Morganna seemed a little flighty to me. I didn't dislike her, nor did I particularly care about her. She was just, eh.

The sex in Dangerous Games was overblown and at times, silly. Clint has an emergency overnight bag that just happens to have a butt plug in it? WTF? Who the heck travels with an emergency butt plug? The premiere Dom of Atlanta, that's who. Whatever.

This book was overdone and a little overwrought in my most humble opinion. It took itself waaay too seriously and felt like an absurd caricature. I just can't recommend it. It was just okay, it wasn't awful but nor can I see where this could have been better without stripping everything down and starting again. This was my first Tempting Seals book and now I'm no longer enthusiastic to try any more. I've read Wild Card, which I loved and while it too had a lot of emotions running around it worked for me, Dangerous Games just fell flat. :(

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dangerous Games.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by new_user (new)

new_user Wow, that does sound kind of silly. That's too bad. I was looking forward to reading the rest of the series. I've read Killer Secrets and I liked that. I didn't find any funny business. It was really a romance suspense novel (drug lord and all), and while it takes some suspension of disbelief to follow there weren't any WTH? moments (at least I don't think so). You may want to give that one a try.

Holly
Yeah, I've heard that the other books get better. I always mean to check them out of the library when I see them. I've read Wild Card, which I thought was great.

Is Killer Secrets the next book?