Megan Sanchez's Reviews > A Place of Yes: 10 Rules for Getting Everything You Want Out of Life

A Place of Yes by Bethenny Frankel

Jul 14, 2012

Read from July 12 to 14, 2012

I will start by saying that I really did not know who Bethenny was in when I picked up this audio book. I'm not a Housewives fan, I don't really drink and I've never seen her on any of her many other television shows. But she has a new fan in me. This book, while not amazingly well written, is a fun and inspiring almost-autobiography about how believing in your abilities and yourself can get you pretty far.

This is not really a self-help book, though it is marketed as such. It's really Bethenny's biography written in vaguely themed chapters. At the end of the book, I felt like I knew her story pretty well and understood where she was coming from. I didn't care for the way she acted like her life has been all struggle, because the money she was obviously privileged to have helped a lot more than she would probably like to admit, but I do get that money doesn't buy happiness and I recognized some of the more personal struggles from my own childhood.

I recently made a decision to go back to school and get a degree that is COMPLETELY different from my original Bachelor's. I'm scared shitless. I'm worried about what everyone will think. I'm very aware of the financial struggle that is ahead of me and of how hard I'm going to have to work to get to where I want to be in this new field. I found Bethenny's "go and get it" attitude to be really helpful in calming some of those doubts. I can't say that this book is something that everyone will enjoy, but if you're at a hard place in your life where you're just not sure if going for your dreams in the "right" choice, this book might give you a little motivation to go for it.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Place of Yes.

05/16 marked as: read