Litonya's Reviews > Grace Unexpected

Grace Unexpected by Gale Martin

Jul 12, 12

In, Grace Unexpected by Gale Martin. Grace is on vacation from her job as Communications director at a local University in PA. Grace visits Shaker Village with her gal-pal/ sister-in-law Rae Ann. Grace is literally shaken by how Shaker men and woman live celibate. Grace Savage is thirty-five and her clock is-a-tickin' really loud. She has dated Christian Jorgensen for two and a half years. Christian has no back bone when he tells Grace on her birthday, in her birthday suit that she isn't 'the one'.

While having a mini breakdown on the phone with Rae Ann, Grace decides that she is going on "The Shaker Plan". Basically, no matter how much attention men give her, she will ignore said attention. Two men enter the picture pretty quickly. Bachelor numero uno, Addison, is a young reporter for a local newspaper . Bachelor numero dos, True, a silver fox anthropology professor.

Sticking with the Shaker plan and adding small addendum's gives Grace some room to squeeze in dates with her suitors. There are quite a few twist and turns and 'oh snaps ', I did and some I didn't see that coming moments that will have you rolling on the floor.

I definitely recommend this book to everyone. The characters are thoroughly well developed, the novel is a clean witty woman's fiction book with plenty of romance, comic mishaps and banter.

This is Gale Martin's second novel and I can't wait to see what she does next. Not many authors can be intelligent, witty and funny with such ease. Gale is my new favorite author whom I will be book worm stalking for the rest of her writing career.

Gale's debut novel, "Don Juan In Hankey, PA" is available now. Her books are worth every penny plus more. 5 out of 5 huge stars. And, special thanks to Gale Martin and her publisher Booktrope for allowing me to read an advance copy of Grace Unexpected due out on July 16, 2012, mark your calendars' people.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grace Unexpected.