Sandra's Reviews > Romeo and Julian: A Near-Tragedy Near Verona

Romeo and Julian by K.D. Sarge

Aug 11, 12

bookshelves: hot-summer-days-event, freebies, m-m, contemporary-romance
Read in August, 2012

Offered FREE from M/M Romance Group, Hot Summer Days event.

3.5 stars I like how KD took the picture of the balcony and twisted it a little to give a Romeo and Juliet tale, cute idea. I would have liked if things weren't so rushed. I'm OK with insta-love in paranormal books where we have the excuse of 'mates' and whatnot, but in real life I think a week is too fast. And really, there wasn't a need for it. No reason more time couldn't have gone by.

Because it's a short, we were told a lot of what they talked about and bonded over without actually seeing it. But we did get to see a few sweet moments between them where I felt a connection. I was hoping for a Titanic-style drawing sesh though after Julian made a comment about drawing him again, so I was a little disappointed that that wasn't used to develop their relationship more.

I have to admit that the extra twist at the end (view spoiler) had me rolling my eyes a little when I first read it, because, it was just a little too easy. That being said, it did it's job and brought everyone together. All the different people and relationships were a little confusing at times. I didn't get why Romeo thought what he did about Donata, and I still don't quite understand what went on between the two moms. But whatever, this story was about Romeo and Julian and I'm happy with our sweet little HEA.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Romeo and Julian.