Jocelynne Broderick's Reviews > If I Am Missing or Dead: A Sister's Story of Love, Murder, and Liberation

If I Am Missing or Dead by Janine Latus

Nov 07, 08

Read in November, 2008

** spoiler alert ** gah! What is up with this book? From what I understood, this book is supposed to be about the author's younger sister being murdered.

I'm nearly halfway done and she's still just talking about herself, with a few conversations with said sister tossed in. It's almost like she used her sister's murder to write her own memoir.

WTH?

**Final: Ok, I totally did not like this book. It had such a catchy title, and the jacket blurb was really intriguing. But as I said before, very little of this book had to do with the sister's murder. Very little. In fact, I kept reading just out of curiosity to see exactly WHEN the murder would be mentioned. 98% of this book was about the author and her own issues. And yeah, they were crappy issues. She went thru hell in her relationships. But the fact that the book was supposed to be about the sister's murder, I think that should have been the more prominent topic.

So anyway, enough of that. If you want to read about the author's struggles with an abusive husband, read this. Don't read it if you want to read about the sister's murder.**

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If I Am Missing or Dead.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Staci (new)

Staci Thanks, now I will mark this off of my list to read!