Maria's Reviews > Winds of Fate

Jul 13, 12

bookshelves: science-fiction-fantasy
Recommended to Maria by: Wyatt
Read from July 11 to 12, 2012, read count: 1

The book is well-crafted and yet left me with a feeling of not being satisfied. In most trilogies, each segment has at least a mini-resolution, not of the main problem but of some minor one. This one didn't do that. The second of the orginial Star Wars movies didn't either, and both left me cold. Fortunately the next in the series is available so I can move on. I really, really feel sorry for those who had to wait for the second book to be published. As to the characters, I know there must be room for growth but all of the characters in this book have problems. Elspeth, who we know from previous books, is suddenly aggressive, argumentative, and unwilling to listen to older and/or wiser heads. Skif, also known from previous books, loses all his good sense and acts like an adolescent. Darkwinds, a new character, at least uses his head but struggles against being led around by his gonads. Even Need changes out of all reason and suddenly has issues. Yep, not satisfying is about the best thing I can say.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Winds of Fate.