Ash's Reviews > Zom-B

Zom-B by Darren Shan

Nov 08, 12

Read from November 03 to 08, 2012

I can say that I didn't enjoy this book that much.
I expected to see something as strong and amazing as Cirque Du Freak but I guess I was wrong.
Zombies.... Just like any boring zombie movie just creepy living dead eating whatever human infront of them.. SO INTERESTING!! But I thought Darren Shan would pull it off :(
The book focused about racism think racism in all it's factor (Color, religion and origins) which was very uncomfortable. like VERY. Especially when it's a horror CHILDREN'S book.
The also weird thing about this book I wouldn't recommend it to anyone under 14 since the violince was just too much for that group of age (9-13) and the smoking and racism was just NOT FOR THAT AGE but the writing was PERFECTLY made for THAT group of age. Which was a NEGATIVE thing.
Also the fact that the book was TOOO short and I can't believe I publisher would agree to sell a book with that length (with too many pictures and too many blank pages and spaced the book was 174 page).
I can tell I was disappointed. I was expecting something more but I will give it a chance since there's almost NOTHING happened or I don't know how far the story will grow but it MUST grow because the series will have 12 books.
I can say that I'm looking forward to read the next book Zom-B Underground coming January 2013
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Zom-B.

11/03/2012 page 9