Mickey Reed's Reviews > A Coupla Shades of Taupe

A Coupla Shades of Taupe by Court Burback

Sep 24, 12

Recommended for: People who hated Fifty Shades of Grey.
Read on July 14, 2012, read count: 1

See full review here!

Oh. My. Goodness! First, let me start by saying that I have NOT read Fifty Shades of Grey, and if you can't tell, this is a parody of that. Obviously, if I've read this, then I don't have a problem with the subject matter tackled in Fifty Shades. The problem with that "book" is that it's completely unedited - terrible punctuation, awful grammar, same words used over and over again, etc. How do I know this? I've read enough excerpts and heard from enough friends that this book is going to just irritate the eff out of me. Moving on to the review of this (hilarious) book.

So, Court Burback made me laugh throughout this whole, entire novel! Alexandra's major in college is Books and Stuff, and she writes essays with crayons. Pagan Taupe is slimy and strange, and his goat, "Sometimes Girlfriend," makes an appearance. Laughing yet? Yes? Then you should read the rest of this hysterical piece of satire! There's a clown chained to a wall, lots of ridiculous sexual escapades, a few amusing misunderstandings, and the most infuriating and comically funny ending of all time. Seriously. I couldn't believe it!

Now.. if this wasn't a parody, I would have immediately put the book down. It really is all a giant joke. But when you know what it's poking fun at, then the book becomes all fun and folly. It's written with fantastic grammar, punctuation, and editing, so it's already 100% better than the book it's mocking. The jokes are smart and funny, witty and fresh. It's a fast read, and it will make you giggle, which will burn calories. That's always good. *wink*
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Coupla Shades of Taupe.

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy Try Fifty Shames of Earl Gray: A Parody by Franny Markin (Andrew Shaffer)