Emma Silver's Reviews > How to Look Like You

How to Look Like You by Rose McClelland

Jul 14, 12

Read in July, 2012

I loved this book so much! I read it all in one go because I was too afraid to put it down. Literally! This is the second book I've read by Rose McClelland and I adore the pace maintained throughout. It's this fast-pace that makes it really difficult to stop reading as you know the next page could be a game-changer. I had no idea how this book was going to conclude which is rare for a book of this genre as you can usually smell the sickly sweet ending from the opening pages. Not the case here, once again McClelland's characters are presented with honesty and that all-too-familiar self-awareness that works to both propel them and hinder them at the same time. The main characters Ella and Chloe are pitted against one another right from the start and I found myself leaning towards Chloe more - feeling sorry for her at the beginning and then left inspired by her at the end. The male characters are written well - not perfect, knight in shining armour types but normal guys who make mistakes and say the wrong things sometimes (or a lot of the time in some cases!). The only negative I have is that I doubt McClelland will be able to write books as fast as I can read them because I now truly can't wait for the next one!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Look Like You.