Megan's Reviews > Partials

Partials by Dan Wells

Jul 12, 12

bookshelves: check-for-sequels, dystopia, love-triangle
Read from July 08 to 11, 2012

I'm soooo in love with this book. Kira's awesome, the world is awesome, Partials are awesome (although they freak me out the same amount as Cylons and Skynet). I did a ton of gasping and shrieking when reading, especially in the second half of the book. It totally kept me guessing, adn while there were some things that could be predicted, there were enough twists to make it enjoyable. Another thing I really appreciated was the racial diversity of the characters, something that can be lacking in YA fiction, especially in such a strong heroine. My only (SMALL) gripes would be that I am ridiculously sick of love triangles and I would much prefer Kira to just deal with her relationship with Marcus (which is also, surprise, awesome), instead of falling for the blah blah blah HOT Samm (cute name though). Finally, SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS, I have mixed feelings about Kira maybe being some kind of Partial. Sometimes, it is necessary to the story for a character to be super special amazing in some way, but sometimes it's nice to see a heroine with strength of character. We will see how Wells handles it in the sequel, yay.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Partials.