Blodeuedd Finland's Reviews > The Night Beat

1962503
Jul 18, 12

bookshelves: urban-fantasy
Read from July 16 to 18, 2012

What to say about this book without giving it all away? Honestly some weird-ass stuff going on in this one. Trust me, I mean, wow, I'd like to dish it all out, but I can't, some things have to be read and I can tell one thing, you are in for one freaky ride.

Vic, is our snarky witty main character, she always have something good to say. Her love life on the other hand, not so good, she has been pining for her hot partner for a year now. Jack, a human, while Victoria is a werewolf. Two cops that are very different indeed from each other. But he is a nice guy. You need friends when all hell is breaking loose. And I liked them both.

Then we have a bunch of side characters and I am not even gonna name them cos you will meet them in time. A fun bunch, good guys, evil creepy baddies, yes this book has them all. Honestly I liked everyone. The bad baddie, so bad and creepy. You have to like a baddie that repulse you just by reading about it.

Yes I am not saying much at all. Gini twists and turns this book around several times. The pace is always high as they hunt down whatever has come to town. We meet beings, all kinds of beings. There is fighting, there is romance, witty banter and the trademark that is Koch, crazy stuff going down.

Because that is what I liked about this book, the humor, the not having to take anything seriously. This book is insane, that is what it is, and it's a great thing. It's pumped up UF, humor blended in that creates one cool cocktail. And the best, surprises around every corner.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Night Beat.

10/16/2014 marked as: urban-fantasy