Carol W's Reviews > The First Time I Saw Your Face

The First Time I Saw Your Face by Hazel Osmond

3190801
Sep 16, 12

Read in September, 2012

Delightful setting in rural Northern England for this delightful tale of 2 people fighting their demons.

Jennifer an aspiring actress was involved in a terrible accident that left her permanently scarred. She hides away at the family farm fearing her future is mapped out for her by the well meaning Alex, but is it really what she wants?

Mack has gotten himself into a little situation and feels he only has one option to save the family name.

These two characters are brought together by deception and each character is hiding behind a public persona for different reasons.

I really liked Mack but had to keep reminding myself of his hidden agenda. I had mixed feelings about him.

This novel had my full attention with great characters and some sharp one liners in amongst the beautifully written storyline.

I was concerned, when I read the blurb, that this would be more like the true life style reads and would go into the trauma that Jennifer suffered in detail. I am pleased to report, it did not.

Oh yes, this one hit the spot. A lovely read to curl up with on these autumnal evenings.

Fabulous!
4.5 out of 5 for me!

Review copy, in exchange for my honest review.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The First Time I Saw Your Face.