Lexxie 's Reviews > Stormdancer

Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff

Aug 19, 12

bookshelves: arc, netgalley, steam-punk, ya, strong-female-protgagonist, fantasy, fave-2012, all-time-faves, read-in-2012
Recommended for: Steam-punk and fantasy lovers
Read from August 04 to 08, 2012

This and other reviews can be found on my blog: (un)Conventional Bookviews.

ARC from Netgalley received on July 16th 2012. YAY! Thank you Netgalley + publisher :D

WOW! This book had me amazed from beginning to end, and I want more and I want it now!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stormdancer.

Quotes Lexxie Liked

Jay Kristoff
“It's easy to lose yourself in the idea of a person and be blinded to their reality.”

Jay Kristoff
“Dying is easy. Anyone can throw themselves onto the pyre and rest a happy martyr. Enduring the suffering that comes with sacrifice is the real test.”

Jay Kristoff
“He's probably out there in the hallway right now, composing bad poetry in his head." Michi cleared her throat, her voice taking on a breathless lilt:

"Pale Fox's Daughter,
Her cherry lips haunt my dreams.
Something, something, breasts...”
tags: humor

Jay Kristoff
“To be a servant can be a noble thing, but only as noble as the master served.”

Jay Kristoff
“Yukiko steered the subject away from sex as fast as she could. She was still occasionally woken by nightmares about the day her father had tried to sit her down for "the talk".”
tags: humor

08/05/2012 page 74
21.0% "WOW, this is very well done so far, and I already love Yukiko!" 4 comments
08/07/2012 page 193
55.0% "It has been a very long time since I got goose-bumps from reading! But that's what Stormdancer is giving me!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Samina ~ Escapism~ I got it too...Yipee!

Lexxie woohoo! I can't wait :)

message 3: by Jay (new) - added it

Jay Kristoff Thanks Lexxie, really glad you enjoyed it :)

Melinda Le Baron I received an ARC from NetGalley as well, and I find that it was one of the most amazing experiences in Japanese steampunk that I've had in my life. The imagery is astounding - like a movie in your head. How anyone can write such a way as this. With such adjectives, adverbs and sentence structure - that you actually see the battles, the blood, the lightning flashing and the enemy and their ugly faces leering. Oh my God! The scene in the forest, I will never forget it. What an amazing thing that was. The black and white of the tiger, the black and black of the enemy with their red glowing eyes - the flashes of lightning revealing everything. The shine off the blades. That is 10/10 imagery for you. Kristoff is a genius at imagery. They should make a movie out of this one. A better movie than a lot of the trash that comes out these days. This one would be beautiful. My hat's off to you Jay. You have a real winner here. I hope they paid you well. You deserve it. No one writes like this any more. I am glad that you do. When does the next book come out? I want my steampunk fix!

message 5: by Jay (new) - added it

Jay Kristoff Thanks Melinda, so cool of you to say!

I'm not 100% sure of release date yet, but I'd imagine book 2 will be out this time next year. More news to follow, so stay tuned :)

Samina ~ Escapism~ Whoa's that's another thumps up.
Great going.

Lexxie Melinda, I agree with you :) It was written with such imagery that I felt that I was right there with Yukiko and Buruu.