Christy's Reviews > Dead to the World

Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris

Nov 01, 2008

bookshelves: fantasy
Recommended for: Jana, Alires, Missy and Sarah if you haven't already read this series!
Read in November, 2008

I'm really loving this series. I have given all the books 4 stars because 5 is supposed to mean, "It's amazing!" and I wouldn't go that far. But I am really enjoying each book and the characters. So far, every adventure is exciting and new. I'm disappointed in that Bill isn't the be all end all, but that's actually kind of cool too. It's a little far fetched that Sookie has every super hot supernatural being around totally enamored (or at least lusting after her), but that isn't bothering me either. I really loved the "new" Eric but was glad when the old Eric came back too. I'm still hoping that in the end, Sookie and Sam will fall deeply in love. But since that's what I'm hoping I doubt it's going to happen; I just love him. He's a good friend. I love the twist with Sookie's brother in this book. That should make things interesting in the next book. And it definitely made him more likable in this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead to the World.

Quotes Christy Liked

Charlaine Harris
“As the water pounded on my back, I reflected that I must be pretty simple. It didn't take much to make me happy. A long night with a dead guy had done the trick.”
Charlaine Harris, Dead to the World