Sandra (thebooktrend)'s Reviews > Heart on a Chain

Heart on a Chain by Cindy C. Bennett

7519010
It has been a while since a book made me cry as much as this book has. It was heart-wrenching and tear-jerking and yet I couldn't put it down.

My Thoughts:

1. What I admire most about this book is the character development and how Kate slowly reveals the truth about her life to those around her. Kate's character is very shy and wary of those around her; she has a difficult time trusting and making friends because it always seem to be part of a prank. As a reader, my heart bleeds for all the hurt Kate has gone through.

2. It was hard to read through the abuse and violent scenes. They were very intense scenes and I could feel the hurt and pain the main character goes through as if it were myself.

3. The one true form of happiness and good in this book is Henry. Oh Henry...there are just no words. I ended up falling in love with his character; he was a true and genuine hero.

4. I liked how the prologue and epilogue are both from Henry's perspective. It was also satisfying to read such a great ending.

5. Good pacing. The plot didn't feel rushed and there was enough time for the characters to develop gradually.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heart on a Chain.