Diane Estrella's Reviews > Mortal Fire

Mortal Fire by C.F. Dunn

Sep 21, 12

Read from September 04 to 07, 2012

This book was not at all what I expected.... in only the best of ways!

For some reason I had a hard time connecting with and understanding the first chapter. I don't know if it was me having to adjust to an "English author," but I did have to go back and re-read some portions in order to get it. Thankfully, I did not give up and was so glad I didn't. The character development is so thorough I felt like I knew them intimately and connected with them emotionally. This book was amazing, and when I finished, I had the desire to go back and read it over again.

In my opinion, this book is for mature readers. There are several conversations involving sexual relationships and there is an intense scene involving a physical attack on Emma. Neither are overly graphic, but definitely grown-up reading.

There were certainly some unexpected turns that took place and so much is left hanging for Death Be Not Proud, book two in the series that comes out some time in 2013. I truly CAN NOT imagine where the author is going to take the next book. I have a feeling there will be no playing it safe with these characters and I sense a lot of trouble coming. Squeee!

Unexpected, unnerving, and undeniably great story telling. Are you up for it?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mortal Fire.