Patricia's Reviews > Fifty Shades Freed

Jul 14, 12

it was ok
bookshelves: fiction, romance
Read from July 12 to 13, 2012

i think i need to create a new bookshelf for this series called "constant sex with no plot". i am SO glad to be done with this series. if i had to read, "oh, fifty, fifty, fifty," "oh my," "mr./mrs. grey", "his words were my undoing," the degree of christian's anger, ana's constant surprise at her body's reaction to her husbands unceasing ministrations, another sex scene (seriously! i never thought i'd be soooooo done with sex scenes!!) again, i might just scream.

this book was just more 'second verse, same as the first' with scene after scene of them having sex. how many times can you write a sex scene different enough to keep the reader's interest?? well, for me, i was done after book one. while i am well aware this is fiction, i just started feeling like something must be wrong with me if i'm not having sex at least three times a day! i read these sorts of books to boost my sex drive, not to make me feel utterly inadequate that i can't meet my husband's needs (for i'm sure he'd love to be as active as the grey's).

this entire book just felt like 'several days in the life of' these two characters i was very tired of hearing about. the "excitement" from the actual inclusion of some semblance of plot was just boring and lackluster. christian's constant, unwavering, completely annoying and debilitating obsession with ana's safety and utter control over her life was just so tiring. and ana's 'stand by your man' attitude while still being intimidated and frightened by this man at times was just annoying. i don't like these characters. i really, really tried to, but by about a third of the way through this book, i was SO READY TO BE DONE. and to have a 60+ page EPILOGUE!!???!!! come ON! heck, maybe if this book had covered more of that stage in their lives it would have provided something interesting. at this point, i have NO clue why James wasted time on three books covering the exact same thing over and over again. and by that, i mean sex. and their enormous relationship and personal issues.

i'm pretty sure this entire book never once got me hot and bothered. just bothered.

i can't wait to move on to a well-written book that includes not just sex, but romance and a plot.

but yes, i will see the movie. :p
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fifty Shades Freed.

07/12/2012 page 255
44.0% "things i'm tired of hearing: "oh fifty, fifty, fifty...", "his words are my undoing", comments regarding her disbelief as to how he can still have an effect on her, "oh my", comments regarding how mad...how really, really mad...he is...again. and so on and so forth."

message 1: by Celeste (new) - added it

Celeste You are so right! Seriously glad I got these at the library and didn't pay for them! Book two was kinda fun but now it's getting repetitive (and I'm not even finished). I like a steamy romance now and then but it's nice to have some plot too.