Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)'s Reviews > A Discovery of Witches

Quick review:

Cover: Okay
Rating: R
Steaminess: Steam, maybe
Overall: Well researched and written could have been shorter though
Characters: Well written
Plot: A fight against those who claim to rule our future.
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Matthew

SUMMARY (50 words or less)

This story was entirely too slow for words. At points it picks up only to slow down. I do understand what the author was trying to do, but it was discouraging. Still the last third picked up the pace and was so good. I have much to say. See blog.

(Strong similarities to Twilight. See full review for details.)

To see my full review and yummy pic, check out my blog post below.

Audio Review

Jenniger Ikeda did a stellar job. She was amazing at throwing her voice, capturing accents, speaking in other languages. She made the book bearable when it was slow and swept me away into this world the whole time.

08/02/2012 "I'm listening to this one. Well, I think I need to pay attention to this one in order to enjoy. IT's a bit slow and the author is world building. So I'm going to stop for now before I get to lost. I listen again while not at work."
08/02/2012 "This book is already long. Add slow o that. I'll give it another alf o an hour of listening before I give up." 2 comments
08/05/2012
5.0% "This story is painfully slow without the promise of picking up speed. I can appreciate the wonderful technical writing skill of the author, but I'm not sure how much more I can take. I fell alseep listening while the main character was having tea. I woke up an hour later and the main character was still having tea. I almost assumed it was the same time. This is an example of just how droll the story is."
08/05/2012
33.0% "it's gotten better. reminds me in ways of twilight and morganville vampires."
08/06/2012
45.0% "a bit slow again. hoping it will pick up."
show 2 hidden updates…

Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder* its funny, ran into this in the bookstore the other day and was thinking of getting it. Was a bit out of my price range that I wanted to spend though

message 2: by Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) (last edited Aug 08, 2012 06:22PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) It's a little slow, a little predicable, a little too much like Twilight for Adults although there isn't much in the way of action. However, it still got really interesting and I really like the second book a whole lot better.

message 3: by Gin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gin I don't think I would have liked this book nearly as much if I hadn't listen to it. I loved the narrator. Is the second already out in audio?

Jeann (Happy Indulgence) I just left a comment on your blog post Terri :) loved your indepth review!

Solange I love that you have the category 'Book Boyfriend'. High Five :)

Brittany Agree with Solange, I love that you have book boyfriend on there. He would be mine, too!