Morgan: Read, Eat, Dream's Reviews > Walking Disaster

Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Apr 04, 13

bookshelves: 5-stars
Read from April 02 to 03, 2013

CLICK HERE TO READ MY FULL REVIEW AT READING, EATING AND DREAMING I WAS BLAIR WALDORF

“I decided a long time ago I would feed on the vultures until a dove came along. A pigeon. The kind of soul that didn't impede on anyone; just walked around worrying about its own business, trying to get through life without pulling everyone else down. With its own needs and selfish habits. Brave. A communicator. Intelligent. Beautiful. Soft-spoken. A creature that mates for life. Unattainable until she has a reason to trust you.”

Beautiful Disaster is one of my favorite books of all time. I've read it numerous times over the last few years - so many times, in fact, I've lost track. To say I was "excited" about the release of Walking Disaster would be the understatement of the year. I pinned away for this book. The Days Until app on my cell phone counted down the days until this title released and the constant reminder that I was one day closer to reading this novel kept me going. If you can't tell, I'm a little obsessed. Well, I had the privilege of buying, reading, and finishing Walking Disaster yesterday and let me tell you...I LOVED IT.

“One of these days you're going to fall in love, son. Don't settle for just anyone. Choose the girl that doesn't come easy; the one you have to fight for, and then never stop fighting. Never”

Walking Disaster is Beautiful Disaster told from Travis's perspective. It also has the added bonus of an emotional prequel and a brilliant epilogue that gives us a glimpse at Travis and Abby in the future. Reading Walking Disaster was like re-reading Beautiful Disaster but BETTER because 1) it was told from Travis's perspective 2) there were a handful of new scenes in this novel and 3) did I mention the epilogue?

I know I'm repeating myself but I really loved getting Travis's perspective. I thought I loved him after reading Beautiful Disaster, but honestly, I love him even more now that I've finished reading Walking Disaster. Having a inside look into his mind helped me understand his actions and reactions even more thoroughly.

“She seemed pissed about something, but I ignored it. She probably just wasn’t a morning person. Although with that logic, she wasn’t really an afternoon or night person, either. Come to think of it, she was kind of a cranky bitch . . . and I liked it.”

Walking Disaster was a brilliant love story. Abby Abernathy & Travis Maddox's journey is an exciting and addicting page-turner, with beautifully developed friendships, relationships and rivalries. I absolutely fell in love with Abby & Travis and their messy, heart-breaking, wonderfully sweet, crazy relationship.

I gave Walking Disaster (Beautiful #2) by Jamie McGuire 5 STARS. Stop what you are doing right this second and read Beautiful Disaster and Walking Disaster RIGHT NOW.

“That was some first kiss,” she said with a tired, contented expression.

I scanned her face and smiled. “Your last first kiss.”

Jamie McGuire,

I loved Beautiful Disaster. I loved Walking Disaster. Thank you so much for creating such a BREATHTAKINGLY BEAUTIFUL story. Thank you for creating a REAL, HONEST hero.

Will you PLEASE write a story for each of Travis's brothers? I've fallen in love with the Maddox family and I need more of them.

From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU!

Morgan

-XOXO

READING, EATING AND DREAMING

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Walking Disaster.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Evelyn exactly my thoughts. To be honest I would love a story for each of the brothers and even the two to three newest characters at the end ;)

message 2: by Mary (new)

Mary I am curious now. You said that reading this helped you understand Travis more. Honestly I gave 1 star to Beautiful Disaster, I didn't like the story or the characters specially Abby and Travis, mostly Travis. I don't know if I could read Waking Disaster.