Eddie's Reviews > The Exiled Queen

The Exiled Queen by Cinda Williams Chima

Jul 18, 12

liked it
Read from July 12 to 17, 2012

The Exiled Queen is the second book of the seven realms series, the first one being The Demon King—which comparing the two, the Demon King was a far better read that actually made me change my mind on the fantasy genre overall. I used to stay far away from most literature that consisted of fantasy, but the Demon King made me realize, fantasy can be a lot of fun and thoroughly exciting to read. The Exiled Queen? Not so much. I'm far, far from hating this book, I just kinda liked it. I felt that the pacing, understandably so, slowed down tremendously, most likely to flesh out the characters even more. But by doing that, the characters I thought I loved in the first book, became very cliche and and kind of boring. In the first book, I loved Han and Raisa and desperately wanted to read on with the series to learn more about them. I also loved to hate the supposed bad guys too. You know you have good villains when you love to hate them! But again, fleshing out the supposed bad guys in the exiled queen, just like the supposed good guys, made me grow quite bored with them. Ugh.

With all that said, the plot is still interesting enough and still has sparked up enough curiosity in me to read the third book of this series, The Gray Wolf Throne. But since my excitement has been tampered, I'll finish up another series that I have waiting for me and finally received a copy from the library first before I jump back to this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Exiled Queen.