Lisa's Reviews > The Jewel of Gresham Green

The Jewel of Gresham Green by Lawana Blackwell

Nov 02, 08

bookshelves: romance, historical, england, christian-fiction
Read in November, 2008

** spoiler alert ** Lawana Blackwell writes lovely, sweet stories. I enjoyed this book, but not as much as others in the Gresham Chronicles. Considering the title there seemed to me to be extensive focus on other characters. I almost felt that the title should have reflected the drama that centered around Phillip and Loretta [her turn around didn't seem very pausible--too much change, too quickly].

It is a romance, but there was very little interaction between Jewel and Gabriel. The story seemed to be hurriedly finished at the end as if the page quota had been met so the story threads had to be tied up quickly. I would have liked to have seen much more interaction and relationship development between the two rather than that rush at the end.

Oh, well. Would I have read it if I had known all that? Probably--especially if I had just read the first three books in the series. This book leaves lots of room for additional stories as the lives of the Gresham villiagers are worked out. For instance, what gentleman will become indespensible to Aleda. That would make quite a story--one that could be the main focus of a whole book.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Jewel of Gresham Green.