Kristy's Reviews > Kindred

Kindred by J.A. Redmerski

Jul 22, 12

bookshelves: paranormal
Read from July 21 to 22, 2012

OK this book was excellent! I really enjoyed The Mayfair Moon, but I think Kindred blows it away! If you haven't read The Mayfair Moon, then do that before reading Kindred. I wish I had re-read it before I started Kindred, as it took me a little bit to remember who the characters were (this is more due to the fact that I've read >50 books since I read The Mayfair Moon, not because the characters were forgettable)!

Kindred continues the story of Adria and Isaac and the development of their relationship. Adria becomes immersed into the supernatural world amid lies, secrets, friendship and love. The characters in this series are multi-dimensional and I really love that about them. Even Issac's father gives us a glimpse of another side of himself. This book is darker than many other New Adult/ YA books out there and I believe this gives Jessica so much more depth to work with, both in character and plot development.

I love the originality of this series, together with the well crafted and executed writing. If you enjoyed The Mayfair Moon, then I suspect you will LOVE this. If you have not read either of the books in this series, love the paranormal genre, but are sick of the usual werewolf stories, then give this series a go. I dare say you won't be disappointed! There is not a lot of gory action in this book, however it kept my heart rate up the whole time because of the suspense and a few things I did not see coming!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kindred.