Captivated's Reviews > xoxoxo

xoxoxo by Bethany Lopez

Jul 12, 12

Read on July 12, 2012

Oh this series!!! Let me just say that it's rare for me to find a book that I feel is both captivating and wonderful and something that I feel I can pass on to some of the teens in my life, that I care about.

So far this series has managed to portray a normal, teenaged-girl who is flawed--and at the same time--so incredibly lovable that I feel like any teenage girl can relate to her in some way.

Here's the thing...I have very strict policy on what I'll pass on to my teens and it's because I feel like if there's a book that may be "moral" the book can sometimes be lacking in, what I feel, are the realities of how teens act. They get portrayed as robots. Or there's the flip side where I'd be embarrassed for some of my teens to read some of the more adult-oriented behavior of the characters.

Let's face it. Teenagers are not perfect. They are flawed just like the rest of us. So, to have a book that illustrates that fact, but at the same time has some deep impacting lessons that are so subtle that they aren't preachy in the least, makes me giddy. That's right. This series makes me giddy!

Missy is just trying to get through high school the best that she can. She's caring, thoughtful, and loyal to her friends. But, sometimes she doesn't make the best of decisions. And, that's okay. Because, this girl keeps managing to figure it out! Or, in some cases ALMOST figure it out (the series isn't over yet!). She has a lot going on in her life between a new sibling, boy troubles, etc... I can't help but contantly root for Missy and her family.

I'm thrilled to be reading this series! I'm thrilled that it's not over! I'm thrilled that I have the next installment waiting for me. :)

My Rating: 4.5/5

Christy @ Captivated Reading
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read xoxoxo.