Crystal 's Reviews > Grace Grows

Grace Grows by Shelle Sumners

First thoughts
I won this from the Goodreads first-read program and I was super excited because, I entered hundreds of those contest and didn’t think it was possible to win. So now I have proof that real people do win, and I’m one of them.

My thoughts
Grace grows is a great debut for Author Shelle Sumners. I loved this book from the very first page until the very last. In all honesty I wanted the story of Ty and Grace to continue past the pages provided. This book had a lot of plus for me and one negative (which is it ending haha).I loved the writing style, the development of characters, the pace of the story, and the overall realness of the plot.

First, let’s start with the characters. We have Grace, who is a list-making, snack carrying, and all around prepared women. Who is content in her life, but not really happy? She has a job that she really doesn’t like, a boyfriend that she has no spark with, and parents that just don’t get her. The only plus she has is her friends Peg and Ed. Whom make great secondary characters. They were so supportive and genuinely loved Grace and wanted her to be happy. Then we have pretty boy (yes I will call him that) Tyler Wilkie, who has recently moved to the big city of New York from small town Pennsylvania to pursue his music career with longtime friend Bogue (yes that is his name haha).Tyler is the constant charmer and always so happy. I loved that about him. He goes out of his way to be a great friend and let Grace know that he is there for her. They met when Tyler as a little incident with the dogs he’s walking and the rest is history, or the story of Grace grows LOL! As the story progresses, through the seasons we see their connection go from strangers, to friends, and then to something more.

One main reason I loved Grace grows because their story wasn’t all snowflakes and rainbows, there where bumps along the way. There will be some up and downs, highs and lows, and in the end they must decide what course in life they will take, whether it is together or not. I’m not a fan of insta-love because I feel that it doesn’t exist. This story is told over the course of years split up in different season. That’s what made it real for me, and the reason I enjoyed this book.

Overall, Grace grows was a winner in my eyes because of the realistic plot, strong characters, and the love between Grace and Ty. Plus it was never short on laughs! Shelle Sumners brought her a game to this book and it did NOT disappoint!

P.S This story contains in original Soundtrack written by the author’s husband and I loved that. It was like a little added bonus that I really enjoyed!

Characters: 5/5
Writing/error: 5/5
Plot: 5/5
Ending: 5/5
Would I recommend it: Yes!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grace Grows.

07/20/2012 page 68