Tyler's Reviews > The Origin of Wealth: The Radical Remaking of Economics and What it Means for Business and Society

The Origin of Wealth by Eric D. Beinhocker

M_50x66
Nov 25, 08

Read in November, 2008

The first 85% of this book was worthy of a 5 star rating and one of the most interesting books I've ever read. His analysis and linkage between Evolutionary Theory and the Economy was compelling. It provides us with a whole new lens to see the economy through and Benhocker's ideas of complex adaptive and open systems, I believe, to be extremely relevant. The case he makes against Neo-classical economic theory is long overdue. As Beinhocker makes clear at the opening of the book "Origin of Wealth" also targets a wide range of audiences and is intended for anyone interested in business, society, and politics. It is a must read for those trying to grasp the complexity of the world economy and the international system.

I said that the first 85% was worthy of a 5 star rating because the ending of the book was long and I disagreed with many of his statements about culture and the causes of poverty. I actually with they weren't there because they left a sour taste in my mouth when I closed the book. Even with, this book should come to be very influential indeed. I recommend!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Origin of Wealth.

11/16/2008 page 200