Kristi's Reviews > One Lonely Degree

One Lonely Degree by C.K. Kelly Martin

Jul 22, 09

Read in July, 2009

I’m not really sure what to say about this book. I liked it, but I didn’t. I liked Finn, but I didn’t. The only thing that I really liked was Martin’s writing.

There were some aspects of the novel that I really thought played well, the dysfunctional family, the forbidden relationship, and Finn’s growth, but everything else was just meh. It kept me entertained, but I didn’t particularly enjoy reading it. The ending is another big issue for me. I like how Martin kept it “open” but I would have liked to seen some issues resolved, at least had some sort of closure. I just felt like the book ended, not necessarily had an ending.

I’m actually really disappointed that I didn’t like it more. I’ve heard great things about I Know It’s Over, which I still haven’t read, but I own, so I was expecting something spectacular from One Lonely Degree as well. Too bad that didn’t happen. I am however interested in reading more novels from Martin, she’s an excellent writer, but this story just fell short of her talent.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Lonely Degree.