Emily's Reviews > Fifty Shades Freed

Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James

Jul 16, 12

bookshelves: owns
Read from July 11 to 16, 2012

So. I'm just going to review the series as a whole. And i have to admit... I liked it.

Don't get me wrong, the writing is definitely amateur and James MUST sit writing with a thesaurus near by. I read a lot and know a lot of words. There are so many words in these books that I have never even heard before. They aren't placed naturally and take away my attention from the story. That's never good.

Christian and Ana... god. The whole storyline is kind of sweet and endearing. Every girl wants to be the one girl that can change a guy. The damaged dom man falls for the girl who is exactly his match. It's sweet.

However, the two of them apart from each other are fucking annoying. Even together they're way too damn mushy. You love each other, WE GET IT.

The sex is great. Awesome. But I don't understand the shock over some of the sex scenes. They use handcuffs once. They never use the paddles, a riding crop was used once, he only spanks her hard once. She freaked when he used the belt. He used a vibrator once, and a butt plug was used only once as well. That was the extent of the 'hard' sex.

Despite all the negative things I found, I still soaked it up like the sun. It's... good. Surprisingly good. I can't help it. I'm a sucker for damaged and fucked up books with excellent sex scenes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fifty Shades Freed.

07/12/2012 page 79