Celine's Reviews > The Probability of Miracles

The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder

Jul 11, 2012

bookshelves: for-review
Read from July 12 to 13, 2012

Review originally posted in: http://forget8me8not.blogspot.com.au/...

Cover:
SO CUTE! Gosh, I LOVE THE COVER. Although the girl does not quite represent Campbell, I love the title's font, the flying fishes and the pink flamingos!

Story:

Welcome to Promise, a place where miracles exist!

The Probability of Miracles is a sweet and surprisingly, hilarious read! When I first heard of the book, I knew it was about a girl with cancer and I was a little worried if this was going to be a sad and heart-breaking read. In fact, it was not! Even though there are sad bits in the book, the funny and cute story overcoats the sad bits, creating a beautiful and fluffy read!

I knew I had to read this book when I read the summary. Miracles? Isn't this interesting? I never realised that we all somehow often try to find miracles. But the question is: do miracles exist? And this is what Cam is about to find out.

The story is written from Cam's POV. I love the way she narrates the story. Wendy Wunder's writing is fantastic. I like how she came up with an idea of a place where miracles can happen! The book made me laugh, smile and also teary sometimes. Even though I felt that there was something missing in this book, I still enjoyed it!

Characters:
Cam, Cam, Cam, I LOVE YOU! I seriously adore you to bits, from your flamingo list to all the hilarious things you say. So, Cam decides to make a list of things to do before 'she dies' but instead of naming it the 'bucket list', her friend, Lily, tells her to name if flamingo list! Isn't it AWESOME? Even though Cam has cancer, I like how she still has enthusiasm within her. I completely understand how hard it must have been for her to try and keep up with her mother and sister's 'strange' and sometimes 'crazy' ideas to heal her sickness!

Asher, Asher, Asher! You are so adorable and sweet. So, when Cam and Asher first met, it was really interesting, because Cam told Asher that she wanted to adopt a lobster. Yep, and it's called Homer! I love his growing relationship with Cam. He is always there to help Cam and miraculously appears all the time!

I also really enjoyed reading about Cam's mom, Alicia (who I find really hilarious and funny!), her sister, Perry (who likes unicorns), her stepfather, Izanagi (who makes wonderful Japanese food) and also Lily, Cam's best friend! I think all the characters are really great!

Overall:
Do you believe in miracles? Have you searched for miracles before? The Probability of Miracles is a wonderful book about hope, miracles and life. Despite carrying a heavy issue about cancer, Wendy Wunder manages to deliver a hilarious, fun and beautiful book at the same time! Now, I must take off and find this place called Promise because I'm in dire need of some miracles right now!

Thank you Penguin Australia for the review copy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Probability of Miracles.

message 1: by Cass - (new) - added it

Cass -  Words on Paper I read the first chapter of this. Cam has such an awesome voice and I like the concept of the book. I bought my own copy so I'll read this sometime in the future. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Celine Thank you so much Cass! I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did ;) <3