Jessie's Reviews > Nerve

Nerve by Jeanne Ryan

Aug 02, 2013

Read on May 29, 2013

This was the kind of book that sends out a great message to the readers about gambling your life to something that’s beyond useless, is worth nothing.

At first it’s slow and a bit confusing, but as the story progresses, it plays out very well and very interesting.

So Vee is a normal teenage girl who gets a chance to be a contestant for NERVE, a game of dares broadcasted worldwide. This isn’t like I dare you to dance in public; these are the real deal. They are serious, intense, embarrassing, and deadly. One thing for sure is, Vee isn’t stupid. She knows this is dangerous but is willing to do this for things she wants that the company of the game got from her blog. So from here on, Vee and her hot partner Ian’s life are at stake.

The way it’s written is flowy and not boring at all. The dares are funny at first but deadly and intense through the end. The characters were great, especially Ian. He seems so caring and just loyal to Vee. My least favorite character would have to be Sydney. Sydney is a real bitch like no doubt.

There’s a lot of twists and WTF moments and some parts makes you go on the edge of your seat to find out what’s going on because like I said, it’s not slow at all and it just makes you want more.

More of my reviews at http://www.bookyareviews.blogspot.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nerve.

11/21/2012 page 4
1.0% "Slow and a bit confusing. Hope that this will get better soon"
11/21/2012 page 53
17.0% "XD I love dares. Oh my gosh. That was funny and embarrassing"
11/21/2012 page 66
21.0% "Sydney is a real bitch like no doubt. And do I sense a love triangle soon or a "I like him and your just my best friend" talk ??"
11/22/2012 page 100
32.0% "Gonna take a break on this. So far these dares a a little more serious, a little more intense than real truth or dare. Gosh she gunna get killed."
11/22/2012 page 124
40.0% "This book has a good message saying about gambling your life and addiction to...basically something that's useless. I love this book!"
05/28/2013 marked as: currently-reading
05/28/2013 page 0
0.0% "Decided to re-read this."
05/29/2013 marked as: read