Brittany's Reviews > The Prisoner of Heaven

bookshelves: books-i-own, favorites
Read from July 11 to 18, 2012

Rating: 5 stars

Favorite Quotes (I couldn't pick just one):

"One mustn't dream of one's future; one must earn it."

"A madman is one who considers himself sane and thinks that fools don't belong in his rank."

Carlos Ruiz Zafon never ceases to amaze me. What an incredibly talented man. His books are easily some of my favorites. They engulf me from the very first page and I cannot stop thinking about them long after I have finished. The writing style is like poetry. Reading his books reminds me how much I love literature. All of my copies are littered with post-it notes of my favorite parts and quotes.

This particular novel in the 4 part series was just as compelling as the others. I love that you can read any book in any order and still understand the story. We get to learn so much more about all the characters that you just become more invested in what will happen to them. This third installment really helps to tie everything together.

Another wonderful thing about this book is the setting. The way that Barcelona is described is amazing to me. It sounds so beautiful but dark at the same time.I can only hope that one day I can go there myself and experience its history.

I really loved to alternating stories that went on in this novel. We get to switch off between different characters and different time periods. It really made the story exciting. I really didn't want it to end but what a beautiful ending it was.

I cannot even begin to describe how excited I am to read the final book in the series. I am counting down the days until its release.

If you have not read these books, DO IT NOW!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Prisoner of Heaven.

07/11/2012 page 23
6.0% "I am so excited about this one!"
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Warnie B. (new) - added it

Warnie B. I so can't wait to read this!