Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)'s Reviews > Midnight

Midnight by Dean Koontz

Weird, weird, weird. Never will forget the part where one of the characters ends up bonding physically to his computer. Ick! My least favorite Koontz. Could be that I chose this to read for my 11th grade English class because my evil teacher wouldn't let me read White Fang by Jack London, which is much better, because he deemed it a children's book. So I picked this edgy, 'adult' book. Yes, I'm a little bitter.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Midnight.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Karla (Mossy Love Grotto) Oh, my bitter memories of various teachers and professors will stay with me forever. I know how you feel!

message 2: by Fani (new)

Fani Danielle, I'm really interested to know how does one 'bond' with his computer. You can't possibly make such a comment and not clarify further:)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Karla, he was so mean. He made me cry on the last day of school!

Karla (Mossy Love Grotto) Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Karla, he was so mean. He made me cry on the last day of school."

Ugh, I had a professor that did that. Devoted an entire class to why my paper sucked! He was a sadist. :(

(But I'm not bitter about it, either! No, not at all!)

message 5: by Fani (last edited Apr 21, 2010 10:29AM) (new)

Fani Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Karla, he was so mean. He made me cry on the last day of school!

Fani, he formed a physical bond to the computer. Cybernetic, if you will? I'm not at all technical, so it's hard to explain."

Ok, thanks for the info Danielle. I had something more 'elemental' in mind, based on the romances I've read, and it kinda freaked me out:)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) You're welcome, Fani. It was freaky, but thankfully not sexually freaky (which is always worse to me). He was going to the bathroom on himself. I have a real issue with body fluids, so that was icktastic enough.

Hey Karla, we can not be bitter together. :)

~☆ Alice♥♥ Karla (Mossy Love Grotto) wrote: "Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Karla, he was so mean. He made me cry on the last day of school."

My Spanish teacher made fun of me as I couldn't pronounce a certain word to suit her so I went and dropped her class. Then next semester I signed up for German...at least he liked me. I had an English teacher when I was 14 who said I copied my poems somewhere and she was going to find them. She would not grade my poetry. I kept telling her it was my work but she never believed me. I was glad to switch schools. My Freshman year I turned one of the poems in as I didn't have time to write a new one and got an A and he read it to the class. At least he believed I wrote it. its true we never forget this pain.

~☆ Alice♥♥ I forgot to mention after I was crying my eyes out in class she kept on at me.....!!!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Lavender, that's awful that your teacher accused you of cheating. For shame on her. I have had some lousy teachers that made me wonder why they went into teaching.

~☆ Alice♥♥ Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Lavender, that's awful that your teacher accused you of cheating. For shame on her. I have had some lousy teachers that made me wonder why they went into teaching."

Me also! I had some real sadists. I attempted to teach for a short time but no classroom control (not mean enough, LOL)! I just read your review of Twilight again and enjoyed it so much. You cut right thru to the fact its the best romance ever written. Hubby and I are going to Forks for our anniversary in March. He got me the DVD Twilight Tours and I just LOVE watching it. I bet you would enjoy it too. He found it at Walmart.