Melissa ( Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf)'s Reviews > So Close to You

So Close to You by Rachel Carter

Jul 18, 12

bookshelves: owned-print, reviewed-pub-or-author
Read from July 16 to 18, 2012

So Close to You is a great blend of science fiction, mystery and romance. Although I can't say that it really kept me guessing the whole did manage to keep me completely interested.

I had trouble connecting with the main characters but I did like them.

Lydia is a typical teenage heroine. She jumps into adventure with two feet...not always thinking or caring about the ramifications. I can't say that I always agreed with her decisions and to be honest there were times when I got annoyed that she wasn't taking anything seriously enough... but she is likable and believable nonetheless.

Wes likewise is a bit of a contradiction. Most of the time, I could not understand his motivations or fathom his reasoning but he was also likeable...sadly not as likeable as I'd have hoped though. I think that part of the problem for me is that at least on his part this is a case of insta-love and therefore not 100% logical.

The pacing of the novel and the language were perfect and prompted me to keep flipping the pages waiting to see what would happen next. The plot likewise was enjoyable..though there were definite issues with logic here as well (though in Rachel Carter's defense-any time travel plot will by necessity have holes).

For some reason, I am having trouble describing this book in terms beyond the mediocre although I really did enjoy this read. Perhaps it is a matter of the sum of the parts here being greater than the whole. This one didn't blow me away but I did enjoy it and look forward to seeing where Rachel goes with the story in book 2.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read So Close to You.

07/17/2012 page 155

message 1: by Erin (new)

Erin Hankins Please let me know if this is any good, thanks!