Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)'s Reviews > Agents of Light and Darkness

Agents of Light and Darkness by Simon R. Green

What lessons did I learn from this book? Angels are as scary as they are majestic. Whew. I really don't want the angel apocalypse hitting anywhere I live like it does in the Nightside. Also don't get in the way of an angel with a mission. You will not survive the encounter. In this case, the angels are after someone who has the Judas Cup, not the Holy Grail. Yeah, you can guess this cup is probably not going to be used for benevolent purposes.

The action is fierce, the horror is very evident, the humor is crisp, and the glimpses of humanity in the characters make it go down nicely when it could have been over the top. There are folklore bits nicely woven into this story that I really appreciated, such as Black Annis, one scary lady for kids and grownups alike. Although I had my shuddery moments, I loved this book, and am eager to read more in the series.
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Agents of Light and Darkness.

Quotes Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) Liked

Simon R. Green
“It's tucked away in a quiet corner, shadowed and obscured, no part of the Nightside's usual bright gaudy neon noir. It doesn't advertise and it doesn't care if you habitually pass by on the other side. It's just there for when you need it. Dedicated to the patron saint of lost causes, St. Jude's is an old old place... St. Jude's isn't a place for comfort for frills and fancies and the trappings of religion. just a place where you can talk to your god and sometimes get an answer.”
Simon R. Green, Agents of Light and Darkness

message 1: by Colleen (new) - added it

Colleen I was in a used bookstore the other day and saw this novel...so I bought it. I didn't read the first book in the series, however, do you think i need to or can you pick up any novel in the series without being lost?

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) I think you would be fine starting with this one. I hope you like it!

message 3: by Colleen (new) - added it

Colleen Thanks, I'll let you know.