Annah's Reviews > Voluspa: A Magical World

Voluspa by Sam D.

Aug 10, 12

bookshelves: first-reads, fantasy-or-sci-fi, young-adult, physical-copy
Read from July 16 to August 10, 2012

I was desperately hoping this book would not actually be like Twilight, and I was mostly rewarded. There are enough books like Twilight that another isn't needed. I really enjoyed the background history involved in Voluspa. There was a lot of originality between the different races of people as well as a plethora of interesting creatures. It was a bit hard for me to really enjoy any of the characters because of the way they talked. It didn't sound real enough or similar to the way people their ages actually do talk. That might just be because of the writing though. I found plenty of mistakes that my grammar brain wanted to fix. The lack of contractions drove me crazy and made it seem like this book was translated to English from another language. I also found it someone choppy and without a smooth flow. Besides that I enjoyed the action and history and how it was all incorporated into the present. I will definitely want to read a sequel to Voluspa.

Ray was nice enough to send me a copy even though I didn't win the first-reads giveaway.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Voluspa.